Thursday, August 18, 2011

Nashville, Tennessee

When Justin & I got married, our original honeymoon plan was to take a trip across the South. We both love history & farming and the South is full of both. We wanted to visit historical markers, tour plantation homes, & wind up in Nashville to take in all of Music City. Well, then we begin to look at the cost & the practicality of that particular trip. Justin's great-uncle offered us several free nights in one of his condos, down on the beach in Corpus Christi. We accepted that gift quickly and we thankful for our opportunity. We both commented that we could go to Nashville "one day."

On our way home from our honeymoon, Justin's boss called just to let him know that he was one of the top salesmen in the nation and he won a free trip to Nashville in July! Plus he could take me. :) This trip was all expense paid-airfare, shuttle rides, hotel, food-everything. Plus there would be a Justin Moore concert, and a Zac Brown Band, thrown in. Through Ken's free passes, I got to fly for free also. We were beside ourselves with the timing and blessing of this trip. We had a second honeymoon, and it was on the company!

The food was fancy (I think Justin's favorite meal was a chicken fried steak at the Cracker Barrel on our way home), but still. Each meal was served with more silverware than I even own. We had free entertainment, a free trip to the Ryman and the Country Music Hall of Fame. We even stood on the stage of the Grand Ole Opry. One of my most favorite parts was the ride day. This is the day that Polaris introduced all the salesmen to the new rides that would be making their debut this year. We got to test drive all of them, & their competition. That was so much fun. A couple I rode on my own, but it was more fun when Justin drove. He's a daredevil!

I wanted to post pictures, but my computer is not accepting any of them. I'm gonna go ahead and post. And if it decides to cooperate I will post pictures then!

No comments:

Post a Comment